Broccoli and Salmon Quice
This year I am really going at it with recipes. I love sharing some of my favourites and found it time to do so in 2021. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier to share this one with you today. This again, is an easy simple thing to make that people would love if they come over. You can eat it with more people too if you add a soup beforehand or a lovely filling salad. The original recipe is from Lidl and was found online by my mother. I once again changed it up a bit (not too much though)
What do you need? (for 2 people)
– 1 head of Broccoli (or 400 gr)
– 100-200 gr Smoked salmon
– Puff pastry (amount depends on your tin).
– 2 eggs
– 1 table spoon of mustard (I sometimes add two)
– 150 ml of light cooking cream
What do you need to do?
1. Defrost the puff pastry
2. Said your oven to 200 degrees celsius
3. Cut the broccoli
4. Cut the salmon in pieces
5. Boil the broccoli al dente (roughly for 5 minutes)
6. Put the puff pastry in the bottom of a cake tin
7. Poke some holes in the bottom with a fork (This will make sure the air can get out)
8. Add the broccoli
9. Add the Salmon to the tin
10. In a bowl beat the eggs together
11. Add the cream, mustard and seasoning (I use a light cream but normal will also work)
12. Wisk again
13. Poor the egg mixture over the broccoli and salmon
14. Bake the quice in a preheated oven at 200 ºC for 45 min. We tried to do it less but it always needs 45 minutes but on the other hand it’s always good.
If you are looking for soup recipes click here, or here. If you want to read more recipes click here. If you want to read something else, click here. If you want to follow me on my socials, click here for my twitter and Instagram.
Lots of love,